Exploring Disability : Epistemologies, Policies and Politics
« Exploring Disability: Epistemologies, Policies and politics » is the theme of this year’s Annual Conference of Alter European Society for Disability Research. The aim is to present and discuss theoretical and empirical innovative research focusing on a variety of research issues, which include the following topics but is not limited to them:
- Disability, policy and politics
- Advocacy, disability activism, and the voice of persons with disabilities
- Disability rights and the UN Convention
- Theoretical and conceptual developments on disability
- Emancipatory research methods and applied research
- Gender, sexuality and embodied experiences
- Quality of life and social participation
- Representations of disability in literature, media, film and art.
Alter-ESDR is organising the conference in partnership with the Higher Institute for Social and Political Sciences from the Technical University of Lisbon, the Disability Research Federative Institute (IFRH – France) and the Disability & Society Program from the EHESS-Paris (France).
Papers will be presented in English, in Portuguese and in sign language. Simultaneous translation in English / Portuguese will be provided in the plenary sessions.
The conference will be held in Lisbon (Portugal) in the premises of the Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Políticas / Pólo Universitário de Monsanto/ Rua Almerindo Lessa /1300-663 LISBOA.